Five Star Restaurant Philosophy
Executive Chef Scott Anderson chose the name "elements" for the restaurant because he is passionate about sourcing fresh, local, organic ingredients and sustainably raised meats and seafood. He wants the very elements of your meal to play a major role in the taste of it. Then he and his team work to reveal the complementary flavor dimensions inherent in the elements by skillfully combining them—often in edgy new ways. Restaurant menus change constantly here, making this the dinner restaurant that is excitingly different every time you return.
Farm to Table American Cuisine
If you're a foodie, you want to know where—and how--your food grew. It's fascinating, it's a good health practice and it provides extra pleasure from everyday experiences, like a meal with friends. elements is the American restaurant serving local steak and seafood, but with global influences in seasoning and cooking methods. A true culinary adventure!
Casual Dining Atmosphere
People tell us elements has a healthy organic restaurant atmosphere: uncluttered, clean and well-lighted. We appreciate that, because we want to welcome you for fancy dining, Sunday brunch, weekday lunch, and any meal you want to enjoy to the fullest.
- elements named to NJ Monthly Top 25 restaurants of 2013
- Our critics pick from New Jersey's diverse dining scene to bring you 2013's best places to eat in the Garden State. Read more here.
(posted on 07/24/2013)
- Edible Jersey
- The Thoughtful Chef
- In Princeton, Scott Anderson leads the charge
for fine dining sourced from the locals
read more here
(posted on 06/29/2013)
- What's New in Princeton?
- US Route 1 covers Mistral opening
- read more
(posted on 06/05/2013)
- 2/27/2014 Eat Ink Dinner at The Ryland Inn
- The Ryland Inn (115 Old Hwy 28, Whitehouse Station) is proud to welcome author and cult winemaker Birk O’Hallaran to celebrate the release of Eat Ink, part cookbook, part expose on the culture of tattoos in professional kitchens. To celebrate, The Ryland Inn will host a six-course dinner with all three featured New Jersey chefs, Scott Anderson [...]
- 2/20/2014 James Beard House Dinner
- On Thursday February 20th, our very own Chef Scott Anderson will be presenting another round of his Interpretive American Cuisine at the James Beard House. This is an opportunity to try selections from both of his restaurants elements and Mistral. Steeped in tradition, the Beard house has a legacy of cultivating new talent, encouraging growth in the [...]
- 2014 events
- We will be posting our line up of 2014 events in the upcoming weeks. Check back soon for information on our summer guest chef series.
- Announcing our Bar Remodeling
- elements Fall 2013 remodeling: a new larger bar and new menus launch 9/5/13 elements opened five years ago this Autumn, and soon after started to win acclaim from the New York Times, Esquire Magazine, NJ Monthly and Wine Spectator. Now, elements has some exciting news about relaunching for the new season. The restaurant will close August [...]
- Summer classics: dark N stormy
- In my most recent World Tour post, I said that the sidecar was the ultimate cocktail. I stand behind those words but have to pay my respects to several other warm weather classics. Today I find myself daydreaming while at work that I’m on the beach somewhere drinking an all so familiar cure all. With [...]
- World Tour: Pimms Cup
- Once again we are visiting another stop on our world tour and with all the talk about summer drinks it seems most appropriate to talk about the Pimm’s Cup. At this time of every year one of the oldest running sporting tournaments, Wimbledon, acts as reason to consume copious amounts of the always enjoyable Pimm’s [...]